The following meeting was held at the Theresa Village Hall, 202 S. Milwaukee Street Theresa, Wisconsin
VILLAGE OF THERESA
REGULAR VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Monday July 2, 2018
These minutes to be approved by the Village Board at the August 6, 2018 Regular Village Board Meeting
President Marsh called the Regular Monthly Board Meeting to order at 7:00pm. The following Board Members were present: Tr. Polster, Tr. Palecek, Tr. Koenigs, Tr. Brandenburg, Tr. Steger and Tr. J. Marsh. Director of Public Works N. Bodden and Clerk – Treasurer P. Koll were also in attendance.
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Roll call was taken
- Representatives from Advanced Disposal were scheduled to attend the meeting to discuss waste and recycling pick-up issues, but failed to appear; Village board will once again request their presence at the August 6th Regular Monthly Village Board Meeting.
- Motion by Tr. Steger, seconded by Tr. Brandenburg to withhold payment to Advanced Disposal until such time that they attend a board meeting as requested. Motion carried unanimously.
- Motion by Tr. Steger, seconded by Tr. Palecek to approve the minutes June 4, 2018 Regular Board Meeting and June 11, 2018 Special Village Board Meeting as presented. Motion carried with one abstention (Pres. Marsh).
- Motion by Tr. Marsh, seconded by Tr. Palecek to approve issuance of Operator’s License to: Austin Miller for Theresa Ultimart/Shell Station. Motion carried unanimously.
Report by Clerk – Treasurer P. Koll
- Future agenda items;
- Budget Timeline
Village President Report:
Monthly Report by President G. Marsh
- Village President has returned to full duties: thank you Tr. Brandenburg for a job well done during the President’s absence.
- Legislative updates were discussed and reviewed.
- The Rock River Trail Bike Route – 320 mile ride which started at River’s Edge Park in the village was discussed.
- The endorsement of Marsy’s Law was discussed; no action taken at this time.
- Future agenda items:
- Endorsement of Marsy’s Law
Library Board Report:
Monthly Report by President Marsh
Regular Village Board Meeting
July 2, 2018 - Page 2 of 3
Public Safety Committee:
Monthly Report by Tr. Marsh
- Police Department Activity Report was discussed.
- Theresa Fire Department Monthly Report was reviewed.
- No future agenda items discussed at this time.
Public Works Committee:
Monthly Report by, Tr. Steger
- DPW maintenance issue at 106 Martin Dr. has been resolved and is complete.
- Motion by Tr. Brandenburg, seconded by Tr. Palecek to award bid to Northeast Asphalt in the amount of $36,385.90 for the Menomonee Street improvement project; Street Reserve monies will be used to fund this project. Motion carried unanimously.
- The treatment plant upgrade project, funding options and user rate analysis was briefly discussed; no action taken at this time.
- Motion by Tr. Brandenburg, seconded by Tr. Palecek to approve Resolution 723-2018 – a resolution approving the 2017 Compliance Maintenance Annual Report (CMAR). Motion carried unanimously.
- No Monthly DPW Report available for review at this time; committee requested that the DPW Director provide a report at the next monthly board meeting.
- Future Agenda Items (August 6, 2018 Monthly Meeting):
- Treatment Plant upgrade project, funding options and user rate analysis
- Cost estimates and/or bids for mains and lateral replacement/repair
Ambulance Committee Report
- J. Groeschel and K. Baerwald were present to discuss the Theresa EMS Expense Report and Ambulance Committee Meeting minutes from Feb. 13, 2018, May 8,2018; items of discussion included;
- Paint issues on ambulance, moving medical director from Aurora Grafton to Aurora Summit, maintenance of ambulance, EMS Meet and Greet which was held at the Theresa and Lomira Public Libraries; online debit/credit card payment service providers was also discussed.
Community Development Committee
Report given Chairman Tr. Steger
- Motion by Tr. Marsh, seconded by Tr. Steger to approve the minutes from Saturday June 2, 2018 Community Development Committee Meeting. Motion carried.
- Information from Keller Structures was discussed; department heads were instructed to do an additional needs assessment based on items viewed during the tour of area municipal buildings on June 2, 2018.
Monthly Report given by, Tr. Palecek
Report by Tr. Brandenburg
- Motion by Tr. Polster, seconded by Tr. Palecek to approve payment of the bills in the amount of $86,630.10 for the Village and $29,574.37 for the Utility. Motion carried.
- Monthly Treasurer’s Report was reviewed.
- Bank Reconciliations were reviewed.
- Revenue/Expenditures Report was reviewed.
- No future agenda items discussed at this time.
Regular Village Board Meeting July 2, 2018
Page 3 of 3
- Motion by Tr., Brandenburg, seconded by Tr. Marsh to approve the amendments to Village of Theresa Code of Ordinances Chapter 109 “Animals”, Section 109-3(B) ‘Kennel Licenses’ and section 109-19(B)(1) & 109-19(B)(2) ‘Number limited’. Motion carried unanimously.
- Clerk to contact Baker Tilly once again to request their assistance with the filing of the required PSC documents in association with a 3% water rate increase.
- Motion by Tr. Steger, seconded by Tr. Marsh to approve the Proposal for 100% Revaluation of all Commercial Real Properties in the Village and to approve the Contract for the Revaluation of all Commercial Properties; pending several minor corrections. Motion carried with 2 NO votes (Tr. Polster and Tr. Koenigs).
- Motion by Tr. Palecek, seconded by Tr. Steger to adjourn the Monthly Board Meeting at 8:26pm. Motion carried.
Pamela Koll, CMC, WCMC, CMTW
Village Clerk - Treasurer